Advice & Tips, Our 3-step process
Fantastic hair care is key to maintaining luxury extensions, just like your real hair! Below are some cool tips, and we explain our '3-step process' consisting of1) Shampoo & Condition 2) Protect 3) Seal
1).Using Wide tooth combs and combing from the ends of your hair and working your way up will ensure minimal shedding
2). Lightly Wash and condition your hair 1-2 times a week. Conditioning is a key part of Virgin Hair maintenance
3). If you wish to bleach/Dye your extensions please be aware that you will be required to put more care into your hair (deep condition the hair for a couple of hours)
4). At night, wrap your hair (not too tight) and use a silk scarf (This method is also great for long lasting closure/frontal installations)
5). Do not cut your wefts on your extensions as it will increase shedding
Shampoo & Conditioner (choose one e.g. Tresemme):
- Shampoo is just an initial stage of care, to clean the hair, the most importance stage is Conditioning - it will bring out the best in your hair extensions! Conditioning your extensions nourishes, and revitalizes by infusing the hair with necessary nutrients.
- Aussie shampoo and conditioner
- Tresemme Botanicals shampoo and conditioner
- It is important to protect your hair from heat. Heat protecting sprays are a great way to do this. Spray sparingly according to bottle instructions before using straightener/blow-dryer
- Tresemme Heat Defense styling spray
- L'oreal Paris Elnett Satin Heat Protect styling spray
- Serum/oils help moisturize/seal moisture in hair extensions. A small amount should be worked through the hair with your fingers from time to time (e.g twice a week or after a deep condition) - at styling stage. Do not overload on the product so your hair doesn't appear greasy and oily.
- Oils: Argon oil, Castor oil, Coconut oil (can be found at your nearest beauty supply, Walmart, Target and Natural ingredient stores)
- John Frieda Frizz Ease serum Shampoo at least once a week
Use a shampoo no higher than pH7
- Do NOT massage
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water
- Apply conditioner, comb through with a wide tooth comb, starting with the ends working your way up you scalp
- Rinse thoroughly
- Let air dry!